Thursday, September 3, 2009

Landscapes of Solitude

"Little One" of the Orange Asli by Brian Lorimer
Oil on Canvas; 60" x 60"

Landscapes of Solitude was Gallery ArtPlus' first solo exhibit featuring the work of Brian Lorimer.
The exhibit opened on June 12, 2009. Brian's work was so well received at the gallery that his exhibit was moved to the second floor gallery upon the arrival of Summer Voyage.
Fortunately, Brian's work is still on display until further notice.
I will post some pictures of Brian's work, but if you want to experience the real power of these pieces, I suggest you come to Gallery ArtPlus to see them for yourself.


Red Rock by Brian Lorimer Oil on Canvas; 60" x 60"


"I prefer to work large, letting the painting command it's environment rather than complement it. I want my paintings to speak with confidence, stir reaction, make a statement and demand reflection from the viewer. For me, larger paintings better serve this purpose."
-Brian Lorimer


Beverly Street by Brian Lorimer Oil on Canvas; 48" x 60"

To view more images of Brian's work please join our facebook page.

For other updates and news about the gallery find our homesite or follow us on Twitter.

With any information or inquiries please contact me at:
Brittany.Knapp@galleryartplus.com
or 613-961-1977 ext. 231

No comments:

Post a Comment